New Week, New Verse


Ephesians 2:8
"For by grace are ye saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."

This scripture was part of my devotional on my She Reads Truth app. I'm doing the "This Is The Gospel" and this was: Day 4 'But God' devotion. The devotional states something that hit home for me: 

"This by 'grace through faith' business is a difficult idea for me to understand. I like to see a reward earned for a hard day's work. I like to do a great job and get my what is rightfully mine. I like to use my own power to get what I want, what I feel like I deserve. But I forget that what I deserve is death."

I want to do good in this world, be good to all people, and do good things to earn rewards. Whether that be praise from family, co-workers, or strangers. We love that feeling we get when someone rewards us for doing good. All the good I've attempted to do in this world isn't enough to pay the debt I owe. Thats like a punch in the gut, huh? Only what Jesus did for me is enough! 

I deserve death, no matter how 'good' of a person I am and have been. I deserve death. But praise God that he made a way for me to live eternally with him in Heaven. I accepted Jesus as my Savior from a devil's hell when I was 7. I didn't understand everything at such a young age but I did understand that I was a sinner. I was a sinner and only Jesus could save me. Even if I was the only one on this Earth, he would have died for me so that I can live with God for eternity. All I had to was to repent for my sins, confess that I believed, and ask Jesus to come into my heart and save me. And guess what? He did! I truly believe it! It's as easy as that. I asked Jesus to come into my heart at a bonfire. You can ask him anywhere. There's no prayer you need to quote, age where you are safe from a devil's hell, or water that will cleanse you. Just pray to Jesus. When you're a child, your faith is so much stronger than when you are an adult. But I promise you, it is that easy. 

Nothing you've done will change His mind. An eternity in Heaven is a gift Jesus wants you to have.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!