Homemade Foam Fash Wash


I'm almost out of my current face wash and I figured I'd try making my own. Everything else I've made so far has been great and I plan to keep making them! It's also super nice knowing exactly what products are going on my skin! I got the recipe for this here. She knows more about what's she's doing! So very informative! I just went on her exact recipe. If your skin isn't so happy with it, you can always adjust how much oil you put in there.





I will admit, this was an expensive recipe. If you are already used to an organic/natural lifestyle, then you know. But you also know how much it's worth to get the toxins out of your body. I got all of my ingredients from Natural Health Foods in Jacksonville. I love supporting small businesses and I'm sure they would appreciate the business if your from the Jacksonville area.


I used an old hand soap bottle from Bath & Body Works. This recipe fits perfectly in this plastic jar--which was great since I didn't have to buy another container for this. But any jar this size will work. The face wash mixture is yellow due to the castile soap & jojoba oil just so your aware. I can't wait to try it! Maybe even Jaime will use it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 cup filtered or previously boiled (now room temp) water

1/4 cup liquid castile soap: an all-natural, extremely concentrated soap made from 100% plant oils.

5 teaspoons jojoba oil or another facial oil of choice.
2 tablespoons raw honey: a wonderful antibacterial that helps to gently eliminate breakout-causing bacterial, and also helps calm the skin.

1 tablespoon tea tree oil: another great, all-natural antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal that will not only help kill acne causing bacteria on the skin, but also help preserve the wash.

15 drops lemon essential oil: a natural, concentrated antibacterial that will help preserve the wash and help eliminate acne-causing bacteria from the skin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you put these ingredients in order as listed. If you mix things up, it can get really sudsy and bubble over. Gently mix in each ingredient. Do not use more than twice daily, the castile soap is very concentrated.

Give a little shake to the bottle before each use & enjoy! Have you all ever made your own facewash!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!