New Week, New Verse


Psalm 19:10
"More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."

The first time I had ever heard of this verse was at church camp. Every night we before bed, we sing and have a devotional. My cousin's Karen and Megan sang Psalm 19:7-10 and played on their ukulele. It was beautiful. Hearing the instrument and those words sang is a memory I'll always have. 

I also love these verses because of what they mean. The word of God, received by faith, is more precious than gold; it is sweet to the soul, sweeter than honey. The honey that falls from the honeycomb is the purest form of sweetner we have on this planet. And yet, God's word is still sweeter to our soul and body than of the honey from the honeycomb. I don't know about you but that makes me cherish God's Word a little bit more. 

How blessed are we as American's to have God's Word in our homes and be able to taste the sweetness any time we want. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!