New Week, New Verse


John 4:1-6 
"Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so: I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a pace for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself: that where I am there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Jesus does not tell them about the way, nor does He show them the way. He does not even guide them along the way. He says He is the way!

It's hard for us as humans to just simply trust. We want to be able to map it out, a detailed binder with tabs, a time frame in which to make decisions and get through each phase of our life. But God didn't give us that. He gave us his Holy Word and the Holy Spirit. We read the Bible, we talk to Jesus, let the Holy Spirit talk to us, and then make our decision. I know I would love to just have a notebook I could go to that says  "Faith, on this day your going to accept this job, on this day your going to buy a house, on this day your going to start a family, & etc." But that wouldn't make us to rely on God and his Divine plan for our lives. 

He is the way! 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!