Grandmother's Banana Nut Bread Recipe

Hand written recipe from Grandmother, I think I'll frame it.

Everyone thinks that their grandmother's food is the best, am I right? 

Well, I'm pretty sure Grandmother makes the best banana nut bread along with other things! I tried several recipes on Pinterest, and while they were good, they were not near as good as hers. So I asked Grandmother this past summer for her recipe and I finally had some bad bananas to make it! (We love and eat our bananas fast in this household!) I ate a few crumbs of the finished product and it was good! I figured it would be bad to majorly cheat on a Monday, so I sliced it up and got it ready for Jaime to take to work. I burnt the top because I was cooking dinner too and forgot to check on it. But other than the dark crispy top, Jaime said it was delicious!


Grandmother Doris Ayres Banana Nut Bread Receipe

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Sugar (I used Truvia, still yummy!)
2 Eggs-well beaten (I only had one egg and used egg whites, still yummy!)
3 Ripe Bananas-mashed
2 cup Flour ( I used whole grain oatmeal flour, still yummy!)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Beat oil and sugar together.
Add eggs and mashed bananas.
Sift flour and dry ingredients and to mixture, beat well.
Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
Bake in greased 9x5x3 pan at 350 degrees.
Bake for 1 hour.



This picture was taken before Christmas this past year. All the orginal Ayres granddaughters and two of our aunts got together and made Christmas candy with Grandmother. It was a special memory we'll always have. Plus I thought you'd like to see the master mind behind this recipe. 

Enjoy the banana nut bread and spend more time with your grandparents, you'll never regret it.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!