Chicken Alfredo Pizza + Weekend Recap


My weekend flew by, how about your alls? I wasn't too sad about it because Jaime had to work all weekend and weekends just aren't near as fun by yourself. Plus I actually look forward to coming into work Monday morning to see 'my' precious baby girl. 
I decided to be domestic and make homemade pizza for Jaime Saturday night and promised I'd get you all the recipe, which I found here.


We don't have a round pizza stone/pan, so we bring back the elementry school days when your pizza was square shaped. ha! Regardless of how it was shaped, it was good!

Ingredients
  • 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough, store-bought 
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked or grilled, shredded chicken 
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder
  • 1 Tbsp flour, plus more for dusting
  • 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp whole milk
  • 2 oz finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
  • Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper
  • 4 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped green onions

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a pizza stone in center of oven to heat while preparing toppings for pizza (for at least 30 minutes).
  • Melt butter along with garlic powder and onion powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. While whisking vigorously, slowly pour in cream and milk. Bring mixture just to a gentle bubble stirring constantly. Allow mixture to gently boil for 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add in Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste then return to warm heat and stir occasionally until ready to use.
  • To assemble pizza: 
  • On a floured work surface, flatten, stretch and shape pizza dough into a 13 to 14-inch round, while creating a thicker outer crust. Pre-cook the dough as long as package says before adding toppings. When finished, pull out of oven and take a spoon to flatten middle out and keeping edge thick for a good crust. Pour half of the Alfredo sauce over dough round/square, then use the back of a spoon to spread into an even layer coming within about 1-inch of the edge. Sprinkle shredded chicken over sauce layer, then pour remaining sauce evenly over chicken. Sprinkle top evenly with Mozzarella cheese then sprinkle with chopped bacon. Brush outer crust with olive oil and season crust lightly with a pinch of garlic powder and salt. Bake in preheated oven 14 - 16 minutes until crust is nicely golden. Remove from oven, garnish top evenly with green onions, cut into slices and serve warm.


Bonapetite! It was delicious! Make it yourself and let me know how you liked it!


Friday night, Jaime and I rode the bike to watch the girls that I used to Nanny for, play baseball. It was so nice to be back with all the kids and get to catch up with their parents. The 5 yr old made beautiful dirt mounds and the 6 yr old kept her hands on her knees at all times-she was ready to play! It was fun and I'm so glad I got to cheer them on.





Saturday and Sunday afternoon was spent here, poolside! I got lots of reading in! Only got a little pink, but everywhere else is getting nice and brown! Speaking of reading, Friday I declared on Instagram that this sumer I was going to make it a goal to read at least 10 books and review them. I've been feeling like I'm wasting my 20's away on social media and not doing enought reading or adventuring. So hold me accountable! 
I'm a quarter of the way done with my first book, The Goldfinch. It's been hard for me to "get lost' in it, but I'm going to finish it! 


Sunday, I got all gussied up and ready for church. Jaime is not a fan of lipstick kisses, so I don't wear it, like ever. But since he had to work and I was forced to go to church alone, I took full advantage of it! I've never gotten so many "likes" on FB over a profile picture, maybe I need to wear makeup more often. haha.

Snapchat: faithannpatters

But this is how you'll find me most days! Just some mascara and maybe some eyeshadow. This was taken Saturday after grocery shopping. I was sporting some air dried hair, my KY shaped pizza shirt, and trying the popular 'pink drink' from Starbucks. AND OH MY GOODNESS! It is so good. It tastes like a healthy & light strawberry milkshake but wayyy less calories. 
Just order a Strawberry Acai (ah-sah-EE) Refresher with coconut milk instead of water. A grande will cost you about 4.29 but I wish I had ordered a venti! Simply divine!

Anyways, have a great week! We are going home this weekend and I cannot wait! Mom and Dad got new pool floats and I want to take the dogs to the farm so they can run free! 

Lots to look forward to this summer, baby or no baby. 
Life will pass us by whether we enjoy it or don't.
SaveSave

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!