My First and Only Love (Part Three)


Jaime came home the Sunday night before the wedding. I was so excited to go get my future husband that I don't have a clue what that sermon was about. (Sorry Bro. Grant!) I almost missed his big arrival--due to picking his friend up so he could welcome him home at the airport. Of course the rain didn’t help speed things up any. But I was situated with my sign waiting at the end of the stairs for him.



Seeing his big ole grin sprinting down those stairs is a sweet memory I’ll always have. He picked me up and hugged me so tight, I thought I might pass out! It was like no time or distance ever passed. We picked up right where we left off. Even 431 days and little communication couldn't change the kind of love we have. Then I for sure knew, everything was going to be alright! No one could wipe off the grins we had that night. 


He gave me my engagement ring on that Wednesday. He picked it out in Okinawa when he got back from deployment. So when he came home, he still had to have it sized along with picking out a wedding band. That Wednesday morning, we were going to have breakfast with his mom. We drove the back roads to get there. He was saying how much he loved me, he couldn’t wait to marry me, and all those sweet mushy, gushy things that you all don’t want to hear. He then proceeded to pulled over to pick wildflowers from the side of the road. He opened my door, got on one knee and “officially” proposed. This is why it's hilarious that I always wanted a short engagement! Just 3 more days until the wedding!




We had a short and fast rehearsal that Friday night, not a cloud in the sky. Showing promise for a clear wedding day outside in my parents front yard. All the bridesmaids stayed at the house for a sleep over. After Jaime sleeping in the floor of the living room with my brothers all week, he was forced out of the house to his buddies. I didn't think I'd sleep at all the night before but wedding planning will wear a girl out!

We had to borrow a golf cart to tote me around for pictures because of the rain. 

My wedding day felt so surreal. It was like an out of body experience. I wasn’t nervous. I got a lot of compliments because I was so chill even though it was raining pretty hard. In fact, it didn’t stop raining until an hour or so before the wedding! God cleared the sky for us that afternoon with just enough time to get the chairs out in the yard. 


Everyone says that the sun was behind the clouds the whole ceremony until the preacher said “You may now kiss your bride.” You can tell in the pictures that it is brighter when we kissed. Kind of magical.


The love doesn’t stop there! Our wedding day was wonderful and perfect to us. But everyday since that day just keeps getting better and better. I never thought you could love someone this much especially after being separated as much as we have been due to military obligations. I wouldn’t change a thing about our love story. The separation and trials we went through dating and as newlyweds only made us stronger and brought us closer together. 


I love you more than anything Jaime Ryan. You are my favorite person in the world.

6 comments:

  1. Awe how sweet :) I am glad I got to hear how it all happened for you & Jaime from beginning to end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore you and your sweet love for each other. So happy to get to know you on a different level than cute pictures on instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like we've jump hoops now, you've opened up and shared so much. I just love how the blogging world can bring people together!!! Glad we're "friends"!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!