New Week, New Verse!


We usually whine and make a sour face when we realize its Monday. I'm right there with you. There's just something about having to go back to work after a wonderful weekend spent with family that makes you dread this day. But maybe if we focus on a verse each week to memorize and meditate on, it will help change our perspective.

When I read James 1:5 KJV, it really spoke to me. There are several times throughout the day and week that I don't feel like I have enough wisdom or experience to make decisions. How often do I dwell & worry trying to make the right decision? How often do I seek help from others when right here it clearly states: "let him ask of God,..." God will/can give us the wisdom we need to make the right decisions!

I'm going to write this verse on a post-it note or a 3x5 card. Hang it somewhere that I'll have time read & memorize it each day(like the kitchen sink, can I get an Amen?).

My challenge for you to do the same! It doesn't have to be this verse but like Grandmother always says "You'll never regret hiding God's Word in your heart."

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I feel as if I am in the same boat, especially here lately when I need to make a lot of important decisions (along with Matthew making them, too). We had to make the decision on what area to live in, then if we were going to buy a house or rent an apartment. I got pretty overwhelmed and began to worry about if we had made the right decision or not. We prayed a lot about our decisions and were finally at peace when we decided on renting an apartment for the first year or two. Thank you for this post and sweet reminder this morning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those decisions are intimidating. I always ask my parents, then Jaime and I throw ideas back and forth with each other. But I always seem to wait to see what God's Word has to say when I'm finally at my whits end. But God is always patient with me and see's us through. You're welcome, thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Do you do a certain devotional plan? I want to start doing devotions everyday again if there is anything you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have a couple devotional books that I bounce back and forth to. I've been wanting to download the SHEREADSTRUTH app and follow along with that one! Maybe check into it! I know most people enjoy Jesus Calling and there's several types of devotionals with that title. Hope that helps. :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!