Jaime's Surprise Party & Memorial Day Weekend

Oh my! What a whirlwind of a weekend. Go, Go, Go! But I'm so thankful for all the memories I made this weekend with our friends and family on both sides. 

I planned and pulled off a surprise birthday party for my sweet husband Friday night. He has never had a surprise party so I wanted to change that. PLUS, this was his first birthday back in the states since 2010! You guys?! That's way too many birthdays to spend away from family and to go uncelebrated. It makes my heart hurt to think about it. I'm sure he doesn't really care but I knew he'd appreciate a birthday with family and friends this year regardless. 

It wasn't big and cutesy "Pinterest-ly" decorated but I did have a little patriotic theme going with it also being Memorial Day weekend. I got all the decor and party supplies from the Dollar Tree. Ballin' on a budget, yo! Jaime is not high maintenance or uppity so he could care less that it was even decorated. ha! Such a guy, huh? 

He thanked me repeatedly for getting everyone together for his surprise party. He is a family man, indeed. He even loves my family and all their craziness! Bless him. He truly is the perfect addition to our family, everyone loves him like he was always apart of us. What more could a girl want?

Enough of that stuff, here's some wonderful iPhone quality pictures for you. We had fun! 

Thank you for everyone who came and made Jaime feel special and loved!

You would not believe how bad Jaime wanted a power washer. ha! So that's what I got him, along with some smaller things. Dad got him a charcoal grill-which was his other big request. He is a happy camper!



Pre-desserts because they were all cold. He wanted to have an ice cream cake.

Smore's. Because it's that time of year.






















We left his party at 11 that night and headed to a family friend's farm for two nights of camping. This place was gorgeous and perfect for all of us. By the end of the second night, we had triple the amount of people! There were also at least 10 dogs down there with us, loving every bit of it.

Top of the hill, what a view!





Jaime and I's little camping spot. 

As you can tell, more and more tents are being set up.

Lots of corn hole was played!


I could get used to waking up to this view.

Brothers and wives against each other.

Wish my eyes were really open but by the end of the day, I was wiped. Plus look at Jaime's concentration. ha!






Bless these new friends for bringing a portajon(sp?)!

Quite a large crowd gathered around the fire, playing guitars and singing.




So clear out there, even my iPhone could capture the moon and a star!

This may look gross, but it was anything but! Set a banana in tin foil, sliced in half, add chocolate chips, marshmallows, coconut slivers, peanuts, and set on top of the fire.





The next day,  even though we were exhausted and in need of sleep, Jaime put together his pressure washer and cleaned three vehicles as well as the side walk around the pool.ha! I wasn't lying, he really wanted this guy toy.



After church Sunday night, we hiked up our friends hill for a little bonfire.

It was gorgeous and the perfect way to end the weekend.


Can't wait to tell you about how our first week in the camper and our new adventure is going! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!