New Week, New Verse


"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:19

Isn't it a huge relief that our God will supply our needs? 
Paul used the phrase "my God" emphatically. He adds that because he accepted that the offerings from the above scripture were not to him but to God. The same goes for when someone reaches out to you or me because they recognize we have a relationship with Christ. We ought to give that praise to God. Anything we've done is made possible through Christ. 
The phrase "all your need" is both spiritually and temporally (food, water, shelter, etc.). I honestly have never worried where I can get water or when my next meal will come from. God has always provided the basics and more. And really, God doesn't just mean basics. He wants His children to live a happy and abundant life. The miracles in the Bible show us that God standard of abundance is on a huge scale. Remember the story about how God turned the water into wine or how he fed 5,000 with 3 loaves of bread and two fish? 
Lately, God has really showered us with blessings and they feel pretty huge to us. When I stop and look back on all the things that have happened and the way they've happened, I think I see how God's plan has been unfolding all along. As humans we just naturally plan our lives and think we know the best route. I can look back and see how I wanted things to go and how I planned for the future but God sees the bigger picture when I cannot. I'm so thankful that He can and that He wants the best for us. If God didn't save me when I was 7 years old, there is no telling where I would be in this world. It takes faith to trust in God period. And it definitely takes faith to trust God with the plan for your life. 

Our needs will be supplied "according to his riches in glory", not according to the current economic status. God's economy is not affected by man's promise.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!