New Week, New Verse


Have you ever heard of Max Lucado? He's a great writer! I've had this little devotional for almost 10 years! I can't believe it's been that long since Dad gave it to me.

I wanted to share a little excerpt from the book that I've clung to since I read it the other day. Referring to:
 Psalms 23:2 "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."

"...They [sheep] need help. They need a shepherd to 'lead them' and help them ' lie down in green pastures.' without a shepherd, they can't rest. Without a shepherd neither can we. ...Note the two pronouns preceding the two verbs. He maketh me....He leadeth me... Who is the active one? Who is in charge? The shepherd. The shepherd selects the trail and prepares the pasture. The sheep's job-our job-is to watch the shepherd. With our eyes on our Shepherd, we'll be able to get some sleep. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: (Isa. 26:3)... For you to be healthy, you must rest. Slow down and God will heal you. He will bring rest to your mind, to your body, and most of all to your soul. He will lead you to green pastures..."

Wow. I don't know what your facing right now in life, but that spoke to me. I love how the Holy Spirit will/can speak to you through anything. Even through an old devotional I haven't picked up in years.

Maybe "camping" with my husband is God leading me to green pastures. To slow down. To rest. To enjoy my husband after collectively years apart. To be out in the nature and enjoy life. To simplify. Yes, we will have wifi and still be 'connected'...but social media won't be so important or highly prioritized. I'm still finding that balance. I know I want more real conversation and memories being made without looking through a lens or posting the second it happens.

God is giving me this gift or togetherness & rest with my husband. I intend on taking it and enjoying every bit of it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!