Homemade Peach Ice Cream


I have to share this recipe before it gets anymore fall-ish! 

My parents stopped by on their way home from moving my brother into college in FL a few weeks ago. He's living on the coast of the prettiest beach I've ever been to in the U.S. I'm not jealous or anything. ha! Anyways, when they stopped to have dinner with us, they gave us some peaches they got in Alabama. HOLY MOLY! They were so good you guys. She also gave me this ball ice cream maker that I had yet to use all summer. So I immediately started pinteresting "ice cream maker ball recipes". Nothing comes up. So I looked up "homemade ice cream recipes". Ah! GOBS of recipes come up. So I picked one that was small and just cut the measurements in half and winged it. 

You can also make this recipe and put it in a metal container and stick it in the freezer for a couple hours! Try it!



This all the counter space I have in the camper and I made it while we were making dinner, so the picture quality is crappy but the recipe is not!

(Yes, the peach is getting to point of no return, but I saved it and used its goodness.)


Ingredients:

1 Juicey peach
1/2 cup of organic fat free milk
1/2 cup of sugar
Pinch of salt
3/4 cups of organic heavy cream
1/2 tbs of vanilla


Using a food processor, chop up the peach into as little or big pieces as you want.
I wanted every bit to have peaches in it so I basically puree-d it!
Throw all your ingredients into the canister in the ball, stir until it suites your fancy.



Layer ice and then rock salt until you've reached the top of the ball. Screw lid on tight and start rolling the ball.

I'm wearing Jaime's man apron my grandmother made him if your wondering! ha!

Hubby helping me roll. Excuse the mess...we live here!

We thought after 10 minutes of rolling back and forth to each other that we'd just eat it tomorrow. So we stuck it in the freezer and ate it the next night. 
We didn't have enough rock salt or ice for the ball so we think that's why it never did solidify while we rolled it. Either that or we gave up too quick.


Wa-la! There you have it! Little balls of homemade peach ice cream. So yummy.
It's still getting into the high 80's here in southern KY so I may just make another batch!


If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: faithnallthings{dot}blogspot{dot}com!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!