Early Christmas Weekend




So we got to have a two week early Christmas this year! (We're going to Colorado, to visit my mom's family if you missed that announcement.) We first had a Christmas breakfast with the Patterson's side! So much fun! Everyone brought some yummy breakfast foods! I decided to try that crock pot homemade hot chocolate recipe I've seen floating around on Pinterest. It was soo good and guess who forgot to take a picture of it! I'll give you the recipe though! I'll warn you, I think there was so much sugar in it that it made me stay awake until 2 am! Oops, but it was worth it!

recipe and pic

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • (1) 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups of chocolate chips (milk chocolate OR semi-sweet)
Let it heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Then set to warm. Enjoy with whip cream and marshmallows!



The girls were not amused in their Santa and Elf outfit. They also didn't last long in it with my brother in laws dog jumping and playing with them. But at least they looked cute when we showed up.


The gang was all there! Minus the dogs! It was our first time getting to have both Jaime's dad and mom there with us for Christmas. What a blessing!



Jaime's brother gave us a devotional before presents. Thankful to be surrounded by a christian family.


Handed out gifts. Yes, I know, I need to get better at taking non blurry pictures with the Go Pro.


Maggie was in cuddle heaven! She stayed just like that for at least 20 minutes.


I've been wanting one of these sweatshirts for ever! So excited! And in green to make my eyes pop!


Yes, this big box was for me! Want to see what was is in it?



Balloons filled with dollar bills for me to pop and find! Such a fun idea!


We're not looking but a cute family photo. :)


Maggie looks ready to pounce!


Justin let out a man squeal like I've never heard when he saw his gift from his parents and wife! Happy gaming!



He was rubbing the underside of her jaw. She loves him.



And then we had Christmas dinner with the Ayres's side! We invited my grandmother and grandaddy since we won't be able to go to their Christmas on Christmas day with the rest of the Ayres side.

Mom made a wonderful and delicious dinner and we even got to eat on her China.
The China dishes were actually my Grandmothers. When she got married, she would fill out a coupon book and turn it in to the grocery store to receive one piece of this set. She filled out and saved enough to get the whole set, a 12 person set! Talk about dedication!



Pretty good family photo thanks to the Go Pro!


I really love all these people.


Dad wanted to take a picture with us and his new sweater we got him. He gets my picture taking habit.


When you're trying to be cute with your husband and he's not paying any attention! ha!



We had a great day! Came home with lots of things to keep me warm and they fueled my love for Kate Spade. So thankful for my family on both sides!

Sunday after church, Jaime and I went to feed the cattle for the family. We had quite the adventure!



My handsome man.





Going just a little fast! Then we had to fly back to the barn before the gas ran out. Then we switched vehicles to check on the fences.



We found some cows that got into this field due to a tree falling on the electrical fence.


Trying to heard them out of the field.




We always have a great time when we go home, no matter what we're up to! 

We fly out Friday and we cannot wait! It's been snowing where my Nanny lives. We've been in NC the last two winters without snow so we are READY to play in some magical fluffy powder. Stay up to date with our adventures in CO by following me on Instagram: faithannpatterson. 
Now to go finish up packing!!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Feel free to leave sweet and encouraging comments!